COVID-19 News & Updates
March 17, 2020 (Update to March 12-Communication)
Milestone Ministries (The Toronto Church of Christ) is now meeting online for all its services and programs directed by our staff. Just over 4 days have passed since our last global communication and a lot has changed requiring the best decisions with the information we have.
Here’s where we are at to date:
Meeting Size Limits
- The limits set previously by Public Health Officials at 250 have been reduced to 50.
- We are taking the extra step to encourage members in so far as church related activity, to stay home except for what is deemed as essential and only then with social distancing protocols.
- We are in direct communication with family group leaders through various electronic means and will update the church members should any procedures need to be changed.
Church Facility & Office
- Based on advice from the Government of Canada and advice regarding social distancing as the most effective way to interrupt rapid spread of COVID-19, we are conducting a screening process in the building effective March 17, 2020 for all those entering the premises
- All community partners have ceased non-essential operations in our facility.
- During this unique time, we are deploying methods to sanitize all spaces used by our members.
Previous Out of Country Travel & Self Isolation
- Canadians are not able to travel to other countries currently. Those who have travelled and arrived in Canada recently should self-isolate for 14 days. With the Canadian border closing, any members returning home is of great concern to us.
- Our members and leaders are doing the right thing by heeding the recommendation to self-isolate and are rescheduling in person meetings to a later time.
Members’ Health Concerns
- To the best of our knowledge at the time of this communication, our staff and members are staying healthy with respect to this virus and none of our team has been diagnosed with COVID-19.
What Can You Do?
- Prayer for front-line health workers; individuals, countries heavily affected.
- Calls of encouragement to our frontline service workers in sectors who cannot leave their post.
- Calls to your neighbours, checking whether they have any sundry needs that you can help address by sharing.
- Online encouragement and fellowship: via Messenger; Skype; Zoom; FaceTime.
- Join the congregational online service on Sunday at 11:00am by going to Milestoneonline.org
In this time of challenge and uncertainty, our faith and actions will be a witness to others who are looking for reassurance. Let your belief and the fruit of your life be authentic for all to see.
14 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. (Mat 5:14-16 NIV)
Love in Christ, Elders, Evangelists & Board of Directors
March 12, 2020
The Toronto Church of Christ is still meeting together on Sunday in each region!
During this time of precaution, due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) the ministry leaders humbly ask all believers to be committed to prayer for compassion, wisdom, healing, and containment.
Over recent weeks the church has followed Public Health recommendations in areas of sanitization, limited contact, pre-packaged communion and fellowship suggestions to ensure the safety and peace of mind of members and friends.
As we continue to meet together for Sunday worship services, we are taking further measures to limit actual physical contact:
- Requesting warm smiles to replace the usual handshake and hug.
- Setting in place safer procedures for partaking of communion and the collection of offering/contribution.
- Encourage all members to set up weekly giving through Church Apps, websites and Pre-Authorized Debit. www.torontocc.com.
- Heightened efforts to sanitize and disinfect all children’s areas, toys, mats, supplies and accessories used in kids’ programs.
- If you are unable to attend, take advantage of online streaming/website lessons for your personal worship.
- Campus Lock-In – Friday, March 13
- Recharge – Saturday, March 14
- Teen SkyZone event – Thursday, March 19
- Women’s Devotional – Saturday, March 21
- Youth & Family Strength & Weakness Workshop – Saturday, March 28
It is understandable to feel unnerved during times like this. If you are an individual of high-risk, displaying any symptoms, have recently travelled internationally, care for someone feeling ill; If your work is mandating not to meet or if you are uneasy about attending, please exercise good judgement, stay home and live stream the service.
Faithful actions we can take:
- Small group meetings / prayer for front-line health workers; individuals, countries affected;
- Online encouragement, fellowship, care & support for our most vulnerable: via phone, Messenger; Skype; Zoom
In Christ, the Elders & Evangelists, Toronto Church of Christ
Romans 12:12 “Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.”